As everyone is enjoys the month of July in various ways before gearing up for another great year, I wanted to give you just some brief logistical points to help you in your back to school planning. More updates will become available as the beginning of school approaches, but for now, I hope these help.
Supply lists are available online and in-stores, or you may purchase these items from the school bookstore to have them delivered to your child’s classroom just as in years before.
New Student Registration
- New student registration for ALL grades is Wednesday, July 27, from 9-1 in the front office. This is ONLY for students who are new to our school and have not pre-registered.
- PLEASE NOTE: Kindergarten students who have not been registered at the Spring date are asked to be registered on this day, too.
- If you are a returning family, there is no need to come on this date.
- Bring with you two proofs of residency, your child’s immunization/physical record, and the birth certificate. Our office staff will be able to make copies for you.
School Registration Nights
- Please select either Monday, August 01, or Tuesday, August 02, between the hours of 5:00-8:00 P.M. to come to the Evening Registrations at the school.
- You will find your child’s teacher’s name located outside the classroom door, and the teachers will have a packet of papers for you to complete that night. We have tried to streamline this process as much as possible over the years to respect your time and the fact that many of you have more than one child.
- Kindergarten parents will be contacted by email prior to these registration evenings with more information to assist with this experience.
- Please make plans to visit the cafeteria and computer labs during the registration evenings for information on transportation, lunch, PTO, and more. This is a very important stop in your evening.
- Kindergarten students will receive their phase-in schedule NO LATER THAN the evening registrations.
General Guidelines for School Clothing
As you purchase back-to-school clothes, please be reminded of a few of the general guidelines:
- Shorts/skirts/dresses should be at least finger-tip length. Summer finds many students growing, so please check those lengths before school begins.
- Spaghetti straps/tank tops should only be worn with another shirt, jacket, shrug, etc., over them.
- Students will need tennis shoes for the days on which they have P.E. Otherwise, please avoid flip flops and high heels for safety. Sandals that are secured with a back strap are fine.
- Extreme hair styles and colors should be avoided.
First Full Day of Instruction
The first full day of instruction for students in grades 1-5 will be Monday, August 08. Kindergarten students will have one week of phase in.
We are so excited to begin another year with our returning families and to get to know our new families. Thank you for making our school the amazing place it is!