Dear ILE Families,
Truly I hope the Winter Break was a wonderful opportunity for you to spend time together, relax at least a little, and make memories that will last for years to come. To say that I was humbled, once again, by your generosity would be an understatement. Your generosity never ceases to amaze me. I feel honored to serve as your principal.
We want to welcome several new faces to our ILE family. First of all, Ms. Dana White has been serving as our Interim School Counselor while Mrs. Culp is on Maternity Leave. She has a phone extension and her email is firstname.lastname@example.org should you desire to reach out to her. Our students and teachers have already enjoyed working with her. Also, Mrs. Elizabeth Jerrolds joins our Special Education Team, replacing Mrs. Courtney who left just before the break, and she has almost 15 years of experience in our county. Mrs. Stephens has returned from her Maternity Leave, and we welcome her back.
A few reminders as we settle back into our routines are listed below for your review:
- Please remember to sign out at the kiosk in the office at the end of your visit. Otherwise, the system shows that you are still in the building and can impact your ability to sign in the next time you visit.
- Both in the mornings at drop off as well as at dismissal, PLEASE remember to pull all the way forward as far as possible for unloading and loading. Both doors are accessible, and students can move to where they need to enter quickly. Not doing this causes the line to back up into the road and causes confusion in the afternoons when students have been directed to stand near the 1, 2, or 3.
- Also, please make certain your child is ready to exit your vehicle upon stopping in the line as this holds up the line significantly. If you need to assist your child from the passenger side of the vehicle, please park in a parking spot and use one of the two crosswalks to either escort them across or to cross with me at the main one. Some vehicles require the driver to exit the vehicle on their side, and usually this is fine for not slowing down the traffic too much. Gathering their backpacks, lunchboxes, etc., as you pull into the drive helps more than one might realize.
- All visitors MUST sign in at the kiosk in the front office if you will be moving throughout the building, visiting at lunch, or helping in a classroom.
- Parent Portal grades are supposed to be updated weekly. If you have not logged in yet, please contact email@example.com for your child’s number that can also be used for the lunch account.
- Changes in transportation should be phoned in to the office no later than 3:00 to make certain we have time to get the message to your child. Please send a note or email to the teacher the night before or early in the morning of a transportation change as teachers cannot check email throughout the day as they are busy with our students and may not see the message.
- Snack times are provided during the day, so please try to send a snack with your child as well as a water bottle that they are welcome to refill as research proves how beneficial hydration and nutrition are to student learning and well-being.
Please continue to reach out to your child’s teacher with questions or let us know how we may be of assistance. The Pow Wow coming up in March is a great way to get to know more people and support our school while having a great time.
We know many of you had a choice about where you moved and did so because of OUR school – collectively – students, teachers, staff, parents, and community members, and I always take that to heart with sincere appreciation.
As I have shared, I am a parent first, and I always want to think how I would want my son to be treated and act accordingly. Thank you for sharing your children with us. For trusting us with them and for partnering with us in this amazing experience of helping them grow and develop in all areas of life.
With warmest regards,
Ondie Mitchell, Principal